Sunday, November 8, 2015

Get ready ... 'cause here I come!

 me and my ride (I wish!)  @ WOWTOWN
"Going To A Go Go!

The dress code for the Go Go was "Dress to impress." And it took an African village to get me ready to impress WOWTOWN, an American night of Motown, Music, And Motors, all for a worthy cause.


 




Thanks Linda!




First, a manicure and pedicure at Natural Expressions in Parkmore. (Thanks Marguerite for these great Motown decals!)

"So, fee-fi-fo-fum ...
Look out baby, 'cause here I come."
 






Next up, hair at Foil in Grayston Center!

"Get ready 'cause here I come. 
I'm on my way.
Get ready 'cause here I come."














Thanks Malcolm!


On to make-up at MAC in Sandton City.

"So, fiddley-dee, fiddley-dum.
Look out baby, 'cause here I come." 








Thanks Jessica!
Thanks Cookie at Carlton Hair Hyde Park too for the expert eyebrow threading earlier this week!

close-up of skirt
Finally, time to get dressed. My outfit for the party? Think "the Motor City meets the City of Gold."

My Joburg skyline skirt is from Big Blue in Rosebank; Shoes are from RUNWAY [SALE]; JHB tee shirt from Neighbourgoods Market and leather jacket from Vintage Zionist; My record purse is from Art Africa (a contributor to the WOWTOWN silent auction); Necklaces are from Big Blue in Rosebank and Nutcase ACTS (a contributor to the WOWTOWN lucky draw) in the Neighbourgoods Market; Ring by Tinsel (yet another contributor to the WOWTOWN silent auction.) Vintage Ray Bans.


"Get ready 'cause here I come. I'm on my way.
Get ready 'cause here I come.
Get ready 'cause here I come-a.
Get ready. "




close-up of jacket (photo by Sue Huck)
close-up of purse made from real records!
close-up of shoes

Vince eschewed wearing a tuxedo - a popular choice - and chose instead to wear a silk silver, gold and black leopard print Nelson Mandela Presidential Shirt, black trousers and velvet Belgian Shoes ... and of course, vintage Ray Bans!










 



We're ready! Here we come ...


(Thanks to The Temptations and The Miracles for the accompanying song lyrics!)

No comments:

Post a Comment