Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sandton awaits you ...

Last night I went to the launch party for the new book Sandton Places. It was fittingly held at the San Bar at the Sandton Sun right smack in the middle of Sandton.

If you live in Sandton (or even if you don't) you should buy this book. Like Joburg Places did before it for the Johannesburg CBD, Sandton Places gives you a one-stop source for all the fun things to do in the greater Sandton area. Otherwise you are left to your own devices to ferret them out for yourself and believe me, it has been a job to source the little gems that are scattered about the "great northern beyond" that is greater Sandton. This book is about two years too late in coming as far as I am concerned, but I am sure I will still come away with more fun things to add to my must-do list.

I was able to get my copy signed at the launch party by the three authors, Joburg Places' Gerald Garner, 2Summers' Heather Mason and Brian Unsted. And because Vince and I pre-ordered the book, we found a little surprise waiting inside the front cover. Our names are listed in the forward as subscribers!

Gerald signed my book with the inscription "Sandton awaits you"
Oh I know Gerald, I know.

Buy this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment