Sunday, August 16, 2015

I found beads!

Anton verifying my find
Ya know I love jewelry ...

... so naturally it became very important for me to find jewelry during my archaeological dig if any was to be found. And there was jewelry to be found in the form of beads.

One by one, other people sifted through the dust and dirt and found beads. Glass trading beads. Decorative ostrich egg shell beads. Even a bone bead. But not me.

But then finally ... on my last bucketful of the day ... on the last day of the dig, I found a bead! As Anton described it, ".. it was a typical Gaza Gray bead." But I thought it was simply beautiful.

And then a few moments later, a bonus bead!



my first bead!
4 glass beads on the left, an ostrich shell bead on the right and a bone bead on top

And that evening in the boma I was given the day's Excavation Award for my find!

1 comment: