Sunday, August 16, 2015

What to wear on an archaeological dig in Kruger National Park

I am smiling under that dust mask!

Excavating in Kruger is a dirty job!

I wore long pants and a long-sleeved shirt to try to minimize the dust and dirt on my skin. Socks and boots to keep the dirt and ticks out, and a hat or bandana on my head. I wore my eyeglasses because I wear glasses. But if I didn't, then I would still have worn safety glasses to keep the dirt and dust from landing in my eyes. Ouch! I wore leather gloves to stop blisters from forming and to keep my hands from getting even more dirty. And most importantly, I wore a particle dust mask! Sunscreen and bug spray.

It wasn't pretty but it was effective.





Hats are a must!
look at that dust and dirt from sifting!


And when I was back home in Joburg, it took a world of spa products to help me feel clean again. Dead Sea mud from Israel, a seaweed foot scrub from Ireland, facial exfoliating cream from Denmark, and an olive oil and eucalypti Savon Noir body scrub from Morocco.

All before I went to Toast for my oxygen facial and spa manicure and pedicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment