Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Brave Women of Pichulik


I noticed PICHULIK accessories almost as soon as I landed on solid ground in South Africa a couple of years ago. The jewelry makes regular appearances accessorizing all the top South African fashion designers in magazines and newspapers and on the runways during Fashion Weeks.










Colorful .. bold ... in your face, PICHULIK accessories are designed and crafted in Cape Town by Katherine-Mary Pichulik and her brave women artisans.

Katherine-Mary, trained artist and Patissier started PICHULIK in Sept 2012 after a trip around India. PICHULIK is inspired by the intimate relationship  women have with jewelry – it speaks of her travels, her mother or grandmother and the people she has loved. PICHULIK is a team of brave women - Joyce, Elita, Sarah and Melissa, who are inspired by making bold jewelry for other brave women.




 



I coveted something  by PICHULIK for quite a long time but for some reason I could never actually purchase anything. I would surf their website often admiring piece after piece. What was stopping me?

Then I realized that I was always looking for something to go with a dress or a blouse I just bought. But that is not how you buy a PICHULIK piece. You buy the necklace first and then you build an outfit around it. It is a statement piece. And PICHULIK states "brave." I hadn't been brave enough for PICHULIK. I was still looking for "safe."


So I made a decision to boldly step out of my comfort zone this Christmas and take the plunge.















And in the mail along with my Christmas present came a letter.

"Dear Brave Woman - "  it began.  "Welcome to the PICHULIK community of brave women."

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment