Friday, May 15, 2015

In South Africa, Black Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend



Anita Loos, Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, and even Madonna would have you believe that (white) Diamonds are a girl's best friend, ...










... but back in the USA, I have lots of other precious friends too. Their names are Ruby, Emerald,  ...











... and Sapphire. They are all tucked away in storage waiting for a big girlfriends' reunion someday when I return stateside.
I have black diamond friends in storage too!

Since coming to South Africa though I have adopted the black diamond as my new BFF. (Sorry, Tanzanite.)

It all started with the eternity band of black diamonds Vince bought me here for our 33rd wedding anniversary two years ago. (If there ever was a case for "even a black diamond is forever" by the way, the restaurant where we ate - Le Canard which opened in Sandton in 1987 -  closed shorty after our anniversary dinner. Still have my ring!) Last year, he added a pear-shaped black diamond ring for our 34th.




Latest addition, this black diamond Africa necklace fabricated by Eric at Tinsel for my birthday ...


pear shaped black diamond

... and I bought this ring for myself from Schwartz Jewelers a few months ago ... just because! The eyes are little black diamonds.



In South Africa, black diamonds are this girl's best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment