Saturday, May 9, 2015

It's a process

My sister took these pictures of my shoes still in Colorado!
I first heard about TOMS Animal Initiative rhino design shoe when they introduced the winning pattern design on Facebook in August 2014. TOMS had put forth three patterns for the shoe and had asked for votes on Facebook. This colorful pattern had the most votes.

The shoe introduction was to be another partnership with World Wildlife Fund to provide financial support to its global conservation efforts including those dedicated to protecting rhinos, my pet project since moving to South Africa. The shoe was to be released in the Spring 2015 season.

TOMS & WWF

TOMS finally introduced the shoe for purchase last month in April. I immediately ordered a pair online - they sell out fast! - and had it shipped to my sister's house in Colorado. TOMS does not deliver to South Africa. Not even to my PostNet box.

My niece Jill is coming from Colorado to visit South Africa and will bring them to me in June. Almost a year later! It's a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment