Friday, September 6, 2013

Give me Downton

The BBC has been broadcasting Season 3 of Downton Abbey in South Africa since early August.

I of course got super excited about this because I assumed it could only mean one thing. This rebroadcast was a precursor to Season 4 which would premiere in South Africa in September at the same time as the UK!

As you may or may not know, Downton Abbey is broadcast in the USA on PBS in January - almost four months after premiering in the UK - causing all kinds of British-American unrest. Well mostly American unrest since apparently the British stopped caring about us ever since we revolted in 1776. Way to hold a grudge, UK.


But I recently found out the horrible truth. Season 3 is being broadcast now in South Africa for the first time! Wha what? That is correct. A full seven months after the USA and eleven months after its premiere in the UK.

Four months is one thing. It is almost quaint ... like queuing. But eleven months? An outrage!

Once the truth settled in, I decided I would have to take matters into my own hands and get my technical man on the case. Vince is going to have to come up with a way to get Downton Abbey in September when the damn redcoats get it. Stream it. Hulu it. Get up on a thatched roof and steal it from the sky with coat hanger rabbit ears. I don't care. Just get it.

Give me Downton or give me death. It is 1776 all over again. Only with better reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment