Wednesday, September 25, 2013

It will always be America's Cup

Unbelievable America's Cup regatta!

I would have surely been there if I still lived in the US of A! (My son lives in the East Bay and San Francisco had become like a second home to me.)

But I just couldn't swing it this year. Timing just wasn't right. :(  At least I got to "see" it on Facebook and on YouTube.



I had already seen one America's Cup regatta in person. Only once. In Newport in the early 80's.

And while Newport is a beautiful setting and the home of American yacht racing, to see it in San Francisco Bay right from the shore would have been awesome!



Auckland
Sadly we lost to Australia the year I saw the regatta in Newport. After a long run of defending it. The cup has gone back and forth between the USA and only a couple of other countries since then.

(Vince and I saw the cup in New Zealand once in 2003. I remember thinking it looked very out of place there!)

But this year Team Oracle successfully defended the cup. The most amazing comeback in America's Cup history and maybe even in the history of sports. In beautiful San Francisco Bay. I'll bet it was over-the-top-exciting to see the final eight races in person.

Well at least I can visit the silver cup at the Golden Gate Yacht Club next time I am in San Francisco. That's a small consolation.







But no matter who wins and no matter where the cup resides  ...










 

It will always be America's Cup!





  
San Francisco



Congratulations Oracle! Congratulations America!









No comments:

Post a Comment