Friday, October 11, 2013

African make-over

My friend Julie invited me to go with her to get a Dermascan and a make-up consultation with Dr. Debbie Wolfendale of Prana in Bryanston.

How did she know? I had been thinking about changing my face products from the ones I was using back in the States to something more local anyway. And I definitely needed a change in makeup to complement my new hair color. The old lipsticks and bronzers just weren't working anymore. It is amazing once you change one thing in your "formula" how everything else just doesn't look right either. Domino effect.

Okay so first the Dermascan. I was worried about it since I am aware of all the sun damage I inflicted upon myself for years at the Jersey Shore and on the beaches of Florida. And not surprisingly my skin showed considerable sun damage via the scan.

But Danish Doctor Tilda Sauer and Virginia Davies, the local representative, explained the mechanics behind the Beaute Pacifique products and hopefully we can repair some of that damage and neglect. Can't turn the clock back but we can hopefully improve the health of the skin I have. I will go back in a month for a follow-up scan to see how the products are working.


scared

Next up, the make-up make-over. This was almost as scary as the Dermascan!

As I explained to my make-up artist, I don't wear the stuff as a rule. I use a minimal amount when I get "dressed up" but minimal is the key word here. Never have been a big make-up person much to the chagrin of my mother. For one thing, I could get away with it when I was younger. And secondly, I am lazy. I barely take the time to blow dry my hair. There is no way I am going to sit down on a daily basis and apply make-up. Strictly a "dress up" thing and even then it must take a minimum amount of time and skill.





happy
I am happy to say the ladies of Bodyography were totally respectful of my wishes. They didn't plump me up with product that they knew I would not use. The products are all paraben free, animal-friendly and really feel very light and luminous.

PS The products are made in the USA. San Diego to be exact! Where I am going next month to see my son. So much for local products but hey, if it can't be South Africa, at least it's the USA.

As a gift to them, I let them put some eyeliner on me. It made them so very happy (I didn't buy it though because they knew I wouldn't use it.)

To make an appointment for a Dermascan and make-up consultation, contact:

Virginia Davies,  Email:  mindshift17@gmail.com
Or phone on: 0833781977

No comments:

Post a Comment