Monday, October 14, 2013

Dave Matthews's coming to Joburg!

with Stefan Lessard @ a WKA event (2008)
I just bought tickets for Vince and I to see the Dave Matthews Band in Joburg!

I love the Dave Matthews Band! First of all I love their music.

And secondly, they were - and probably still are - big supporters of Waterkeeper Alliance (WKA), a non-profit I worked for in the USA. And I really love that.

The band performed a fundraising concert to benefit WKA and the Band's bass player Stefan Lessard wrote the score and performed the soundtrack for Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk, the IMAX environmental documentary starring National Geographic Society Explorer-in-Residence Wade Davis and WKA President Robert Kennedy, Jr.

Amazingly enough, the concerts in Cape Town and Johannesburg are going to be the first time the Dave Matthews Band has ever performed in South Africa. Even though Dave himself was born in Johannesburg. This is probably going to be the concert event of the year in South Africa.

Okay the bad news is that Vince is not a fan. But if I can move to South Africa for him, he can come to a little concert with me, heh?

No comments:

Post a Comment