Monday, October 6, 2014

Historic Houghton

I succumbed to my spring fever this weekend with a garden and house tour of historic Houghton Estate with the Gardens of the Golden City.



I couldn't decide which I enjoyed more, the historic houses or the lush gardens ....


... and then I realized I didn't have to choose. I can have my proverbial cake and eat it too ... in the Tea Gardens set up along the tour!











Fine historic houses ...

one of the properties in the 55 St. Patrick Road cluster that also includes Longnor



















Cullinan House

historic cars too!

killer views from the ridge

jacarandas about to pop

overlooking ...

my house in Sandton

love these

and the Joburg roses are magnificent this time of year





and one my favorite shrubs, the yesterday-today-and-tomorrow

it is everywhere in Joburg - including my garden at Valley Lodge

And lots of garden elements ...

I miss my garden fountain back in the USA!

I miss my pergola too!

perfect place to dine outdoors

with an ivy'd cherub

interesting cat adornments atop William Kentridge's garden gates

and entertainment from the pipe band at the King Edward VII school


Is my spring fever cured? Hardly. Next weekend, the Gardens of St. Christopher!

No comments:

Post a Comment