Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Garden of St Christopher, Take 2

October 11 & 12th is the Garden of St Christopher Open Garden weekend. I went yesterday for their Preview Day which benefited the Johannesburg Child Welfare charity. Today is Family Day.

St Christopher is an expansive beautifully designed private garden in Hyde Park with a combination of both formal and informal garden "rooms." It really should not be missed!





I must remember this tree for a future garden of mine somewhere.

poetry


the luscious camellias
Since this is my second visit to St Christopher, I noticed more of the little things this time.

the papery poppies
the little surprises
bellinis


Unfortunately these are some of the things you will not get today on Family Day ...

a string quartet from the JPO

But don't worry, I saved you a little snippet of the music for you to enjoy. You have to supply your own bellini though ...



No comments:

Post a Comment