Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sorbet drybar

drybar in Manhattan
The drybar concept started in the USA and it was an immediate hit. I used them all the time in New York before an event or a special dinner.

So I was really happy to find the concept had made its way across the sea to South Africa. Meet Sorbet.

Sorget drybar in Dunkeld West
Founded in 2004, Sorbet started out as - and is still predominately - a nail salon. Sorbet dipped its toe into the drybar pond when the first Sorbet Drybar opened in 2012 in the Dunkeld West Shopping Centre in Johannesburg. It is my go-to drybar in Joburg. (There is one at the Tyger Valley Shopping Centre outside of Cape Town too and I use that one when I am in the Mother City.)

I don't mind going all the way to Dunkeld West for a blow dry because the mall also houses my go-to florist and my go-to fish market, but  there is a Sorbet nail salon at the Morningside Shopping Centre a block away from my apartment. It would be so cool if there was a Sorbet Drybar there too. Just sayin'


No comments:

Post a Comment