Friday, March 27, 2015

What's in your Easter basket?

Easter treats at Lohmüllert
I have been able to find some of our favorite traditional Easter treats at the supermarkets and shops here. Like Cadbury cream eggs and marzipan.
















And I was able to find these fun African Easter rhino and cheetah chocolate egg and paw prints as well as packages of candy rhino, wild dog and cheetah paw prints at Woolies.

But no Peeps! My favorites. Once again, desperate times call for desperate measures. So this weekend, we are going to make our own marshmallow Easter treats.
And since we are going to all that trouble, I will make our Peeps in the shape of my favorite African safari animals. I found a recipe online (I love technology!) and bought these great giraffe, penguin, lion and elephant cookie cutters and rhino silicon molds. This is going to be my first Peeps-making experiment so here goes nothing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment