Saturday, April 18, 2015

African AbFab

photo by Marguerite Slavik
Where were you a couple of weeks ago when I was looking for an expert to tie my Easter headscarf? I had to improvise myself.

Although I have to admit, no matter how much I practiced on my own, I never in a million years could have fabricated this incredible confection.




photo by Marguerite Slavik


The artist who created our headscarf wraps was Olga Mtshweni of Wrapsody.

Olga brought a bag full of her headscarves to the party, many of which are available for sale on her online shop. I chose a waxed hollandais fabric called "Nubia."













"Mama Africa and the Nubian Queen"

Each and every headwrap design Olga created for our little group was a unique work of art!

photo by Marguerite Slavik
Here is the best part about using the stiff waxed fabrics for your headwrap. I could literally take it off my head completely intact to wear at a future date!

sitting atop a gooseneck table lamp in the study until I get a proper hatstand!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - love the pic with your arms wide open. So Darlene! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I am so excited to find you and I was thrilled to see you on Hat Attack. Thank you for sharing your beautiful headwrap by Wrapsody. Olga is a stunner, and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once stood at a street corner in Manhattan next to Tom Wolfe and we were both waiting to cross. He looked at my hat and I looked at his and he said, "we hat people need to stick together." Well said. Love your blog!

      Delete
  3. So happy to have discovered your wonderful, colorful blog. Love your headwrap. Will be checking in again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. Siyobonana masinyane!

      Delete