Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Metamorphosis complete!

I knew when we moved to South Africa that it would change me.

I have become even more aware of the plight of the rhino and other endangered animals in Africa and it has made me want to do something to help. I am volunteering at the Kariega Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape beginning next week and I know it will be a life-changing experience.

I am learning to play Mahjong (love it!) and golf (not so much.) I am trying to understand Afrikaans, Zulu, Cricket and Rugby.

I have calmed down. Alot! (see my August 3 blog post How to go from being a Type A to a Type ZA.) Still have a way to go on that one, but old habits die hard.

While most of my changin' has been internal and therefore invisible to the naked eye, there is one change that has been very external. Up front and center in fact. My hair!

I embarked on a two month transformation (see my May 28 blog post "Before and After") with my hair stylist Santana to go from an unnatural hair color (pick one) to my "natural" hair color. After my hair appointment yesterday, I am happy to report that my hair metamorphosis is complete. And I love it!

It was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be in the capable hands of Santana. (She by the way made a transformation of her own. I met her at the little salon at my local Morningside Mall. She has since moved on and taken me with her to the luxurious Bijan at Mandela Square. Still can't figure out the best place to park there though!)

Anyway, I highly recommend Santana at Bijan if you are looking for a skilled and very professional hair stylist in Joburg! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment