Thursday, September 18, 2014

Desert Balloons


There is a hot air balloon company that offers sunrise balloon rides across the red dunes of Sossusvlei. There are beautiful to watch floating over the vast landscape.











Everyone in our resort was doing it. I know this is going to make us sound spoiled - and we probably are - but we didn't do it. Vince and I have gone up in hot air balloons several times before - as recently as last Christmas Day - and so has Ric. Ric is a pilot and a flying instructor and spends alot of his time in the air. When I asked him if he wanted to go up in one of the balloons, he said, "Not really. The first time you go up, you're like, 'this is so cool'. The second time ... still cool. By about the third time, you are sort of over the novelty of it."

I was secretly glad. So we took a selfie with them in the background instead.

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of a better place to do it, so I'll go UP!

    ReplyDelete