Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Shadows



to Sossusvlei



I was obsessed with shadows on this trip.

me


Human shadows climbing up the dunes.
Ric and his shadow













Vince's dune shadow


















on the way to Sossusvlei

The ones our car made driving out to the dunes at sunrise and back out again at sunset.
another dune shadow of our car

and back again to Sesriem

at Le Mirage


Watching the sunset through of our balcony turret windows, I turned around to look out the back window and what did I see? The long shadow of the turret ...







That's me!

... with my shadow in the top window.
















first footing shadow

Climbing the dunes, I could just make out our skinny shadows following us up the hill.
our shadows from on top of the dune












From the top we are barely distinguishable in this close-up.
our car's shadow on the Trans Kalahari Highway













Follow that shadow!


I watched our car's shadow  ride along side of us on the Trans Kalahari Highway.











more















 







more

















sunset shadow on the Trans Kalahari Highway







... until it passed us and we were following it home.

Of course the reason we get up before dawn and line up at the entrance to the Namib Desert in the first place is to see the shadows on the dunes.

















Even the dune signs made shadows.


And the scary ones made by the trees of Deadvlei.












This shadow was made by a halfmen at the Fish River Canyon.















A Namaqua Daisy shadow.







1 comment: