Tuesday, September 30, 2014

African Parks @ The Explorers Club

I usually do not blog about my experiences when I am off the continent of Africa since this blog is ostensibly about my adventures on the African continent. But I do make an exception occasionally when my worlds collide. My recent adventure in New York gave me lots of opportunity for happy collisions. 


I had come to New York for my work at African Parks. Nicole Mollo, Executive Director for the New York-based African Parks Foundation of America, was hosting a gala benefit to recognize "The Protectors of African Parks." I came to help with the final production and while I was in NY, to do some research on grants and donor management systems. The event was being held at The Explorers Club during UN Week and the honorees included three well-deserving protectors of African wildlife and habitat, both behind the scenes and on the ground.








 Scenes from the event ...
place cards set out on the welcome table
the bronze elephant awards on display

dining room set for dinner
the jungle centerpieces
close-up of the concrete elephant sculptures
cocktails on the terrace with African wildlife projected in the background
Many people asked to have their pictures taken in front of the backdrop.
NY Social Diary society photographer Annie Watts was happy to oblige!
a specially made film by renowned NatGeo filmmaker JJ Kelley
Nicole Mollo, Executive Director, AP Foundation
Ron Ulrich, Chairman of the Board, AP Foundation
Peter Fearnhead, CEO, African Parks Network
the evening was a huge success!

 As with all events afterwards, giddiness ensues ...

me and Nicole and some giraffes
... and a cheetah
... and pretty birds (the cardinal bee eater)
Check it out in the New York Social Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment