Saturday, June 22, 2013

Antiques and Junque

I am not a mall shopper. I prefer little boutiques, antique centers and flea markets. I am always on the lookout for interesting sources for furniture and crafts.

Driving home from the Johannesburg Botanical Gardens the other day I stumbled upon a mile long stretch of nothing but furniture and antique stores in the Albertskroon section of Randburg. We are looking for a bookcase for the office to replace the hideously dull IKEA-like cubby thing that is in there now. Definitely worth a look!






this wire baobab could be our Christmas tree this year!
Another place I found driving around the other day was a triangular fenced-in lot in Bryanston on the busy corner of William Nichol and Main Road. At first I thought it was a junk yard or a place where homeless were squatting which would be very odd indeed in tony Bryanston. But when I finally stopped at the robot and could get a better look, I could make out large figures of metal animals and rows of rattan furniture and bamboo garden fencing. Another place that is worth a second look!

Look out! I brake for Antiques and Junque!

No comments:

Post a Comment