Saturday, June 15, 2013

Down with E-Tolls!

Tolls sign. Picture: Supplied.
They are setting up to initiate E-tolls on the highways around Johannesburg. And the residents are up in arms! I am not too concerned. I do not go on the highways that much but I am joining with my fellow dissidents in solidarity just because I hate tolls.

Tolls were the bane of my existence in NJ where the tunnels and bridges were up to $14 a crossing without EZ Pass. You get a break with EZ Pass but you also completely lose track of how much money you are spending on tolls until the statement comes. Then you see that you have contributed $100's of dollars each month to the upkeep of the bridges and tunnels and highways. These are the same bridges and tunnels and highways that were supposed to be maintained through bond issues that I used to approve all the time in the voting booth on Election Day. Not anymore. Screw 'em.

The overhead readers are in place. The signs are set up. They are waiting for President Zuma to sign it into law. It is going to happen. I have seen the future, Jozi, and it is expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment