Monday, July 15, 2013

Dressing the part

* cartoon reprinted from the New Yorker

I am a big fan of the animal print in fashion. Still I do try to limit my prints to one piece per outfit. Usually a scarf or a belt or a pair of shoes. A skirt or vest but never both. (I do not count my Parisian Face a' Face eyeglasses which have a cheetah print on the stems. Or my zebra print Ipad skin. They are neutrals to me.)

I am still amazed though by how big the animal print is in Africa. I thought it would seem too cliche' or obvious but everyone wears it. Not the real thing of course, but faux animal prints are very popular here.




Even on safari.

This South African native wore her leopard dress in Kruger. I added her to my count of female leopard sightings for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment