Sunday, July 7, 2013

Eating with Carnivores


Drinking a White Mischief  with Ric
Most humans are carnivores. Not me. Yet somehow I found myself at the Carnivore Restaurant with two meat-loving guys, Vince and his best friend Ric who is visiting from the US. Similar to the churrascarias in Brazil which I also visited in Rio and São Paulo (Why? Because you have to!), Carnivore is a meat-lovers heaven.


crocodile?




But unlike Churrascaria Plataforma, there aren't any "Si Obligados" / "No Obligados" discs for the table for you to indicate whether you want the meat being offered by the waiter or not. It is all obligados all the time! Luckily whatever I obligingly accepted on my plate was scarfed up by the two carnivores at my table (Vince and Ric) like dogs under the table on Christmas Day.

The fare included "normal" things like pork spareribs and lamb but also had such delicacies as crocodile, zebra, and impala. Well the pumpkin soup was very good and they did have malva pudding for dessert.

Lord. I am going to have to do this again when my two carnivore sons come for Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment