Friday, July 26, 2013

You can catch me at Hout Bay

Vince had a conference at the Monkey Valley Lodge in Noordhoek this weekend near Hout Bay. So I tagged along for a little explore. Only about 20 minutes south of Cape Town, Hout Bay is a world away. A sleepy commercial fishing port and marina, Hout Bay is famous for its local catches, the snoek and the rock lobster. But I came for its other famous catch, the calamari at the Chapmans Peak Hotel.

The Hotel sits at the start of the scenic Chapmans Peak Drive and has a beautiful view across the bay. Calamari at The Chapmans Peak Hotel was voted "one of top 20 things to do in Cape Town" and my philosophy is if a food is voted a "top thing to do", you gotta do it, right?

Pan-fried rings drizzled in a garlic and lemon-infused butter, it has my vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment