Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It may be July but Santa came anyway!

Okay it wasn't really Santa. It was the Pickford moving company. And those are not Santa's elves. They are the Pickford movers. But it sure feels like Christmas!

Our international shipment arrived today with our, mostly my, winter clothes (way too many - what was I thinking?) and our kitchen cookware and flat screen televisions which we will use as computer monitors since they will not work as receivers here. I will let my electrical engineer husband figure that one out while I reunite with my shoes and purses and sweaters, oh my!

All the boxes are intact and there seems to be no damage or missing articles! Best of all our ski clothes arrived so we will not freeze when we ski in South Africa and Lesotho at the end of the month.

This of course also means the winter will be much milder from here on in, thereby not requiring the multiple changes of clothing represented in the boxes. You're welcome, South Africa.

Hooray! It is Christmas in July! I believe. I believe. It's silly but I believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment