Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saving the rhino one bracelet at a time

Second only in my mind to a plastic rhino horn strapped to the hood of your car, the other popular way to show your support of the anti-poaching effort to save the rhino is by sporting a bracelet or two. Or in my case, four.


There is my Jenna Clifford leather braid with the silver rhino horn charm which contributes to the StopRhinoPoaching organization which funds anti-poaching units. The beaded RhinoForce.co.za bracelet made up of white, red and black beads separated by a coconut bead. The black and white beads represent the black and white rhinos, and the red beads symbolize their plight. The coconut bead represents the rhino's colour and tough exterior. The goal of Rhino Force is to relocate rhinos to a safe haven. Finally there is the pink and / or grey rubber LiveStrong-type bracelet which also contributes to StopRhinoPoaching.

Saving the rhino one bracelet at a time.

2 comments:

  1. every bit helps! post where to get them or send us some to sell here:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Deb! Go to the websites in my blog post ... Or I am going to try to arrange some kind of distribution in the USA. I have been accepted into a volunteer project to do rhino monitoring in a game reserve in August. I will see if I can make something happen! Saving the rhino has become my passion!

    ReplyDelete