Saturday, November 30, 2013

I See Reindeer

baby reindeer
Not real reindeer like the ones I saw in Lapland in the wild.


















Sometimes I see reindeer in things that are not actual reindeer.

Like this piece of vine trunk that I had in the middle of a huge ancient honeysuckle arbor surrounding the entrance to the garden of my old home in NJ. At Christmas I would decorate his "antlers" with white twinkle lights and his snout with a large red bulb "nose" to turn him into Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. (You will have to trust me on this because I couldn't find a picture in my Facebook photo bank!) He would make me smile every time I passed by.







This must be a syndrome of some sort because I am not the only one. I have photographic evidence!



These are palm trees that line the San Francisco Bay shore front in Alameda, CA. The town decorated them with big red ribbons and "reindeer heads" made from discarded palm fronds.



They looked like an army of Santa's reindeer ready for flight.














Well apparently the syndrome has spread to South Africa too. Reindeer masqueraders are popping up all over the place just in time for Christmas here.


This beaded sheep in a shop window at the Sandton City Mall.












And the normally staid RMB Private Bank lion in downtown Sandton is now a rein-lion!

And he makes me smile every time I drive by.








No comments:

Post a Comment