Sunday, November 9, 2014

Patrick Mavros

Glenshiel Christmas Fair

Patrick Mavros is an artist who creates magnificent pieces of jewelry and objects d'art in silver using a lost wax process. His studio is in Zimbabwe and he has a shop there in Harare as well as shops in London, Nairobi and Mauritius.

I met him and saw his work at the Glenshiel Christmas Fair. His pieces are inspired by Africa, its wildlife and natural landscape and they are very very special.









cufflinks

I bought a pair of Cape Buffalo cuff links at Glenshiel for Vince for Christmas. It's ok. I didn't let the cat out of the bag prematurely. I already told him I bought them when I presented them to him to wear to the Marine Corps Ball last night. Merry pre-Christmas!








Tiffany

Vince bought me a necklace made with Ndoros. (That is a secret however. He doesn't know it yet!) It reminded me of my vintage Elsa Peretti Diamonds by the Yard necklace which is now safely tucked away in storage back in the US.













Patrick Malvos


Only Patrick makes his necklace in silver and without those tsotsi-attracting diamonds. Perfect for South Africa.











The Duchess of Cambridge wearing her Ndoro earrings


Ndoros are Southern Africa’s "most striking totems of prestige and beauty." They are cast from a sea shell which has been ground flat into their distinctive whirl shape.

Check out his website for your Christmas shopping ...

No comments:

Post a Comment