Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Suburban Graffiti

During our tour of the graffiti in the Joburg CBD, our tour guide and graffiti artist Bias told us about a couple of commissioned pieces of graffiti in the suburbs, specifically in the Parks area (Parkhurst, Parkview, Parktown, Parktown North, etc. So many parks.) My friend Marguerite who lives in the Parks told me exactly where they were. Now I'll tell you.

This one is on Emmerentia Drive across from the Parkview Golf Club.

This particular piece reminds me of the murals I saw in San Francisco's Mission District where Precita Eyes Mural Arts and Visitors Center leads tours of the murals in this traditionally Mexican and Middle American immigrant district. It seemed to me that many of the Mission murals are of women and they are all very colorful. Just like this one.



This one is next to 3 Chester Drive.



Love the owl!












Check 'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment