Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Talk Radio 702

My husband Vince has been on a publicity tour of sorts promoting the newly established collaboration between IBM's Watson and the financial and health service industries in MEA (the Middle East and Africa.) Specifically with Metropolitan Health and Standard Bank. Watson is IBM's cognitive computing system that you may recall famously beat two human contestants on Jeopardy a few years ago. It is more than just a supercomputer because it can actually learn and think in the human sense.




Recently, Vince has been talking about the Watson collaboration as a guest on CNBC Africa's Power Lunch with Alec Hogg, has been quoted in Finweek as well as other industry publications and last night, he was interviewed about Watson for a half an hour by Bruce Whitfield on Talk Radio 702's The Money Show. (It was also simultaneously broadcast on Cape Town's CapeTalk.)

And I went along for the ride!



I think this was my first time in an actual radio studio and it was pretty cool. (Sure I am very proud of Vince and all, but let's face it ... this blog is all about me! So as I was saying ...) Talk Radio 702 is the premier talk radio broadcast station in Johannesburg and, according to its website, it has a media reach of more than 804,000 listeners.


red means "we're on"



Bruce and Vince in the studio


The studio is right in the heart of Sandton.

























Vince was pretty relaxed; I wouldn't be!










Bruce invited Vince back for another chat and next time, he wants him to bring Watson.

Stay tuned!

1 comment: