Thursday, September 10, 2015

Grazing in the grass is a gas

I have been on the road for two and a half months! In fact, since July 1st I think I have been actually physically home in Johannesburg only about five whole days. I've missed it!

And during those five days, I have been for the most part packing and unpacking and otherwise getting ready to get back on the road again. I am tired too!

Welcome home! Spring has sprung in Sandton!
I did notice an interesting behavior while watching the wildebeest migrate in the Serengeti in August. After they expend all that energy crossing the Mara River, they all gather together on the grassy savannah on the other side and chill for a while. They graze. They rest. They reconnect with their fellow wildebeests. They regain their strength for the next leg of their journey. I can learn a lot watching the wildebeest migrate!

The Chill Zone


So for the rest of September I am going to chill like a wildebeest. I am going to relax, recuperate, sort through thousands of photographs and videos, catch up on my book club reading, read through my neglected emails and Facebook messages, pamper myself with some reconstructive spa treatments, write some blog posts about our adventures in Tanzania and Zanzibar, and reconnect with Lou & Serge. Can you dig it?

No comments:

Post a Comment