Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Nailed it for World Rhino Day!

I thought it would be so easy to have someone paint rhinos on my fingernails for the British World Rhino Day initiative, Nail it 4 Rhinos. It's Africa for goodness sake!

But I went to my usual nail salons and day spas and ... no can do! So I went online and googled "nail art." I came up with a couple of possibilities in my area, the best bet being the Soho New York nail salon in Sandton City who claimed they were  ...

    "introducing the unique New York style of nail salons to South Africa. You can enjoy quick, walk-in & full service manicures, pedicures, all nail systems…"

Lost that bet. They couldn't do it either.
In the end, I bought some nail polish and conscripted my favorite helper, ... Vince! Now he can add "nail artist" to his list of many talents. Happy World Rhino Day!


Rhino SAVE

SAVE the rhino
on background art "Those of Us," my mixed media collage by Cathy Barcroft
I even nailed a place in the Nail it for Rhinos collage!

No comments:

Post a Comment